To keep regret and depression at bay, this is what I'm doing while NOT at Kidmin 2014. I am…
- finding comfort in the "Miss you!" messages from the friends I made while attending past Kidmin Conferences and serving on the Kidmin Inside Track team. The Facebook pics are precious to me.
- preparing and enjoying dinner al fresco on the deck with family instead of dining at the Hyatt.
- praying for those attending for the first time - that they make as many connections as I did at my first Kidmin. I hope I get to meet you at Kidmin 2015!
- Washing my hair. Washing my mass of thick hair is an ordeal, so please don't judge. ;-)
- I am praying throughout the day for the Key Note speakers, presenters, workshop leaders and behind the scenes volunteers. Yeah, I wish I was there to glean encouragement and insights from your leadership and hang out with some of you during breaks, but I know you are pouring yourselves out for my Kidmin colleagues and that makes me smile.
- writing this blogpost instead of taking notes.
- preparing for a Raleigh Premiere night of Thom and Joani Schultz's film, "When God Left the Building" http://whengodleftthebuilding.com/screenings/. If you're in Raleigh, October 2nd, please come.
- reorganizing my laundry room. Yeah, that's so lame.
- attending the Christening for my great-nephew, Liam. I wouldn't miss this special dedication to the Lord for the world!
- playing "Dots". I'm on level 136 and determined to reach 200 without spending any money.
- sleeping eight hours a night. If I were at Kidmin, I'd be lucky to squeeze in six!
- nursing a bruise on my arm from the flu shot. Since I was NOT in a workshop or leading a Connect Group, I had time to get my flu shot.
- putting reminders all over my iCal to sign up for Kidmin 2015. I will NOT miss out again!
So, if you, like me, are a Kidmin missing out - What are YOU doing while NOT at Kidmin 2014?
Here's to seeing YOU at Kidmin 2015!