Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kidmin 2013 - Why I deleted my last post.

I just finished writing a blog post about whether or not Kidmin 2013 met my giddy over-the-top expectations.  It was full of details about my personal experiences, joys, insights and highlights.

Then I deleted it.

Why? Because if I was reminded about ANYTHING at Kidmin 2013, it was this.

IT IS NOT ABOUT ME!

  
  • Kidmin 2013 is not about me.
  • Children's Ministry is not about me, the children or the parents. 
  • Church is not about me, the Senior Pastor, staff, members or the building.

IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD!
  • It is about His great love for his people.
  • It is about His son Jesus who came to earth to teach us of God's love.
  • It is about sharing God's love with others. 

I MUST DECREASE.  GOD MUST INCREASE. 

While suffering a time of confusion about this, a wise man reminded me...
  • It is not about me. 
  • It is not about them.
  • It is about Him. 

And that is why I deleted my last post.   Thank you, Kidmin 2013.  




Go Ahead - Google it!