Friday, May 11, 2012

Blessed beyond measure.

Today, I wrapped up several months of break neck ministry and decided to measure how God has been providing for me along the way. In NO way will I attempt to quantify my blessings, the list would be endless, but I WILL share blessings I am still marveling and probably will for a while...

  • I jumped out of a church setting into what I thought would be an abyss of "What WERE you thinking?" thoughts only to find myself shouting "Why did I doubt God even once?" 
  • I experienced God's provision despite the lost paycheck. THIS one has really WOWed me! Consulting and saving on gas, eating out helps, but I know its God. 
  • I found myself BACK in the international mission field - a place I missed with an aching I had long since stifled.  Yep, I stuffed it down with doomed thoughts of financial limitations WAY too long which lead directly into the next HUMBLING blessing.
  • The Prayer and Financial partners who supported me for the Ubabalo/One Hope Mission to South Africa. I can't tell you how much every word, and dollar shared spoke away my fears & doubts, yet had me weeping with tears of joy. Joy, NOT in the means provided, but in the affirmation God was willing me to go.
  • Witnessing first hand, how giving is a very personal and sacred act. I still get ribbings from some of my financial supporter for NOT sleeping in a tent in the desert, but I know it's an attempt at self-deprecation to make light of their very personal loving gesture of generosity. Yeh, I'll keep their secret. I get that. 
  • The gift of words and time and focus to share them. I've always had plenty of words but when asked to put them on paper in some organized fashion, well, I was sure I would choke, so I didn't.  At least not until nudged into it by a need to produce something, anything in my time of underemployment and feeling the gentle nudge from a dear friend to write together. What used to take me days to write, I can now compose in a few hours of concentration.  I am blogging here, contributing to a column in Children's Ministry Magazine and last week turned in final edits on Ubabalo/One Hope's Coaching Manual Module 1.  I don't know how long this gift will be with me, but I am grateful, so very grateful God is using my voice to share. 
  • My parents health and healing. My father's recent stroke had us all on our knees, but God's gift of healing and helps was overwhelming. He sent doctors, therapists, nurses and even bankers to our aide.  Yep, my Dad's still working on balance issues, but he's back at church with his friends in Sunday School and choir worshiping the one who heals us all.  Speaking of...here's my next blessing...
  • Getting to worship in my home church with my husband and parents on Easter Sunday.  As a Children's Minister for the past 16 years, Easter Sunday was more work than worship focused. Don't get me wrong, serving so others could worship was a joy, but I'm here to tell you real worship cannot be experienced with a dual focus no matter how worthy the work. It is a blessing to worship with abandon!
  • A time to rest.  Yes, finally after months of activity, travel, trainings, writing, ministry work and a pesky flood (I'll share about that later.) I rest. Feels great!
What are your recent marvelous blessings?  I'd love to marvel that them with you!

Go Ahead - Google it!