Sunday, November 6, 2011

The "It's all about me" syndrome

Originally posted on my old blog in March 2010... never gets old cuz I still need reminding!


It has come to my attention that I’ve been a little bit TOO wrapped up in my own little world recently.  My schedule, my time, my house, my plans are way too high up on my list of topics for discussion.  If I don’t snap out of it, I’m afraid I’m going to slip into a big old case of the “It’s all about me” syndrome.  The “It’s all about me” syndrome is one affliction that will have your friends, colleagues and family running for the door faster than the dogs when the UPS man delivers. (I’m talking real fast.) 

Come on! You know what I’m talking about don’t you?  

The majority of conversations are peppered with the “I” word and the “me” word.
No matter how bad someone else’s day is, mine is worse.
No matter how amazing someone else’s day is, mine is better.
People talk, but I’m interrupting because I either -    
        1-don’t have time to waste waiting for them to finish that thought... or 
        2 - I jump in the moment they take a breath to get my own point across.

Good thing is that I’ve alerted myself to the downturn and can try and self-correct.

So, what’s happening in your world?

.... see it’s already getting better...

Go Ahead - Google it!